Since our foundation, more than 50 years ago, we have been strongly committed to environmental care and sustainability, always prioritising production processes which reduce energy and water consumption as much as possible.
Since 2008 we have had an Environmental Management System, certified according to ISO 14001 regulations by SGS, as a way of business innovation and productivity, with the involvement of all our staff.
We ensure that we are continuously improving environmental efficiency to prevent pollution and reduce energy consumption.
"We prioritise production processes which
reduce energy and water consumption"
Our entire production process is based at a single facility in Spain, which enables us to implement initiatives to reduce energy consumption and improve production management.
In addition, on 8 March 2019 we were awarded with the Sustainability Award granted by the textile technological institute AITEX, in recognition of our environmental management and the development of sustainable products and processes that leave the smallest footprint on our planet.
We also have a collection of fabrics that we produce from recycled materials: we obtain polyester fibre from used plastic bottles, and cotton fibre from used clothing.
"We have a collection of fabrics that
we produce from recycled materials"
Below you can see some figures about what we have developed and achieved:
- Energy balance. The electrical and thermal energy produced, both in the photovoltaic plants installed on the roof, with high efficiency gas cogeneration, allows us to generate electricity and heat equivalent to 91,6% of the company's total energy consumption (2019). The electrical production generated, through renewable and highly efficient energies, is equivalent to the consumption of 1,125 households per year.
- 100% saving of the use of fossil fuels to produce hot water, and the decrease of the Gas Natural consumption to produce steam by 21%.
- Reduction of water consumption through improvements in facilities and processes, as well as the recovery and reuse of part of the water used. For example, in the dyeing processes the reduction of water consumption is 30%, and in the process of washing is 56%.
- Decrease in electricity consumption of light (14%), and in air conditioning through an absorption machine linked to cogeneration.
- The use of high efficiency equipment has meant a significant saving in energy consumption in general. For example, the reduction of 35% of energy consumption, for the generation of compressed air, thanks to the incorporation of a compressor with modular load.
- Improvement in the process of purification and water management. We have a biological reactor wastewater treatment plant, which has been extended and improved with the incorporation of a sludge treatment system by pressing and with the installation of equipment for continuous analytical measurement.
- The reduction of waste, discharges and emissions, such as the use of technologies of stamping by sublimation, which does not use water, and the waste that it originates are recycled.
- Use of recycled polyester spinning obtained from PET waste (water bottles).
- Treatment of waste generated by the activity through managers for recycling. The sludge from the treatment plant can be used in agriculture.